My Blog List

Friday, January 4, 2013

The Retake


I couldn’t believe it, there was no way I was going to take it again. I thought those days were over…are they seriously making me doing it again? I have to do it then? These were the thoughts spinning through my head continuously when I found out I had to take the SATs again. I had already taken it twice and that doesn’t include the PAST and the PLAN. I despise these kinds of tests because they stress me out insanely and I thought I had been finished with them. I would have to study and properly prepare for it again, then drive to Princeton, New Jersey, arrive by ten o’clock, take the test by myself with just the supervisor, and it had to be exactly on the day after Christmas! I honestly couldn’t even believe what I was hearing as my dad was explained it to me. It seemed like just a waste of my already short Christmas break. But the sad truth was that I had no other option because of the two times I took the test, my scores differed by more than 500, so I automatically had to retake it, or the higher scores would not count. I was literally speechless as I had been nominated a national merit semifinalist. I thought they would have taken that into account but there was no way out, it had to be done.

2 comments: